Shimano XTR RT99 Center Lock Ice-Tech CL Disc Rotor
Nobody puts more thought into brake rotors than Shimano, and the SM-RT99 XTR Race Centerlock Rotor is proof of that. The hybrid steel and aluminum construction saves weight and manages heat buildup.
Even better, it's been topped off by Shimano's lightweight and user-friendly Centerlock hub/rotor interface. Now, you may be wondering what IceTech construction actually means, or then again, why it matters? Basically, IceTech rotors consist of two stainless steel braking tracks that are bonded to an aluminum inner-core.
XTR SM-RT99 Ice Tech rotors providing consistent braking performance through energy control, using revolutionary stainless steel/alloy 3-layer sandwich construction that manages heat while riding. The clad steel/alloy/steel rotor construction allows heat generated from braking to radiate quickly through the aluminium core achieving surface temperature drops of around 50 deg C. When used with Ice Tech pads surface temperatures can drop from around 400 to 300 deg C, this provides great improvements in performance all round.
- FREEZA rotors allow the alloy core to extend out from the braking surface as a fin to providing added cooling
- Ice Tech rotors achieve long pad life, less noise and less fade due to improved heat dispersion
- Rotors are durable lightweight and rigid, using the proven Shimano Centre-Lock system giving increased strength and security with an easy set-up
- Precision cut and drilled braking surface improves pad clearing in muddy conditions while aiding cooling under high load
- Large alloy spider is a highly rigid and lightweight support for the rotor surface
- Super polished braking surface gives excellent braking performance
- Average weight 126g for 160mm
Diameter: 160mm, 180mm
Compatibility: Shimano Centerlock hubs
Attachment Type: CenterLock
Recommended Use: Mountain biking